Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scene of the Crime




Maria and I decided to take Porter to Whitewater Falls today up in NC. For those of you who do not know the uber romantic story, this is where I made Maria the luckiest woman on the planet. That's right, I asked her to marry me on top of the waterfall. If you look really close you can see where we were almost 7 years ago to the day (Oct. 26th, 2002). The weather was perfect and the leaves really seemed to be at their peak. Porter had a great time. He smiled at every single person we passed on the way up to the lookout. If you have never been, you need to check it out.

The view from the parking lot.


The family before we head up the trail.
Half way to the lookout spot.

The view from the lower lookout platform.

Porter walking back to the Car.


4 comments:

Daniel and Carrie Moore said...

I love Whitewater Falls! That is where Daniel took me for our first date. Quite the romantic spot. I hope you are still making Maria feel like the luckiest woman on the planet! :) Looks like a fun day.

Emilie Ingram said...

Those are really beautiful pictures! I never knew that's where it "all" started :)

Unknown said...

Aww.. sweet :) Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful! It reminds me a lot of all the pretty leaves and fall landscapes around Gainesville. Uh, yeah right.

Katie said...

What a cute family!!! You guys look great and thanks for giving us in Gainesville a little taste of fall. I forget how pretty it really is. Miss you guys.