Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas 2008


Sorry it's been so long since we updated our blog. When I have free time during Porter's naps, there are so many other things I think of that I need to do other than post to the blog, but I'll try to be better about it:) We had a wonderful Christmas with our families. Porter and I went to my aunt Beth's house in Lexington on Christmas Eve and celebrated with my Dad's side of the family. John couldn't go because he had to work, and we really missed him, but we had a very yummy brunch with them and enjoyed our time there. Christmas was a whirlwind day as we spent Christmas Eve at our house in Greenville. We had our little family Christmas very early Christmas morning. We read the Christmas story before we got out of the bed, and then we opened our presents. John helped Porter open his little present. Santa only brought him one thing...the book Guess How Much I Love You, since he couldn't ask for anything yet:) Then we packed up and went to Sumter and had brunch with John's family. It was great to see John's brother, Richard. Props to him for the digital picture frame! What a great idea! Grandmommmy Mary made caramel pecan rolls, which tasted fabulous as usual. We visited with them and opened presents until a little after 2, then we went to Mayesville to open presents with my immediate family. Nana, my mom, had some appetizers including a really good new dip and toasted butter pecans (some of my favorites:) My sister's little girl, Haley, and Porter enjoyed their first Christmas together. We got some really cute pictures of Haley with antlers:) We stayed there for an hour or so and then went to my grandparents house to celebrate with my extended family. We ate supper there and opened presents. We really missed our grandparents this year as they both past away last year, but we all enjoyed the day and I'm so thankful for all of my family. Whew! We were exhausted at the end of the day, but it was all worth it! John drove back to G'ville and Porter and I stayed in Mayesville. Click here to see more pictures.

2 comments:

amjackson said...

He's getting so big! I love all his hair! :)

Abby and Jacob said...

He's so cute and looks happy! You guys sure did have a busy Christmas!